St. Augustine School

“Following the way, the truth and the life of Christ”

                                                                                                                 September 8, 2017
Dear Parents,                                                                                         

Thank you to all of you who were able to attend the class nights this week. We look forward to seeing parents of grades two through five this upcoming Tuesday. It provides for a good start, if we are all on the same page to begin the year. It is great to see parents and teachers working together to make St. Augustine School a fantastic learning environment.

The plan next week is to begin some infrastructure enhancements, including wiring and adding wireless access points to all the classrooms and other rooms and areas in the school, like the cafeteria, library, art room, and computer room. Last spring, I filed for erate funds which provides a 40% portion of the funding to complete the project. We received approval late in the summer, and, so, now the project will begin. The other 60% will be paid through the funds raised in previous silent auctions held by our Home & School Association. The improved wireless signals will allow us to proceed with the blended learning concept. This year, the teachers in grades three, four, five and grade six reading will be newly trained. Mrs. Stover, Ms. Buote, and Mrs. Brassard, who were trained last year, will continue their work on implementing the blended learning concept in their classrooms. Home & School funds were also used to buy twenty-four new chromebooks for grades one through eight and some i-pads for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten.

During the beginning of the school year, I have been filling in for Sister Dorothy teaching grade seven religion. I have enjoyed teaching the class and look forward to continuing, but please pray for Sister Dorothy’s quick recovery from surgery that she had this past summer. I know she is eager to get back, and we look forward to her return.
Until next week…

God Bless,

Mr. Andrew Brassard

Visit us at: http://www.staugustinesri.com/  

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s